Wednesday, February 14, 2024

2024-02-14 ETHBTC-THANG! day 262

Let's do the ETHBTC-THANG!

WHOO, BOY! $ETH and $BTC are waking up from their slumber, mayhap!

I record the { $ADA, $INDY }-prices from @Indigo_protocol, the $SNEK price from @MinswapDEX, and the { $ETH, $BTC }-prices from @Levana_protocol






EMA20s say swap { $ETH, $BTC } -> $ADA

I'm not swapping { $ETH, $BTC } to $ADA as @Indigo_protocol is my ETHBTC-HODL portfolio.

However, let's consult the { $ADA, $ETH, $BTC }-calculator.






It says to buy $ADA with $iUSD, so: let's do that.

Now, let's take a step back. I've been buying (and buying) $ADA from $iUSD over time, and at a 20% - 30% premium at that! (ugh?)

How do I know this approach is working?

Because I measure. 



My portfolio value today is higher now, with those buys, that it would be if I didn't.

The FRIST! thing I do is to harvest the $INDY-yields, then I swap those yields to $ADA. That takes care of ~50 $ADA that I'm 'buying' with the $iUSD. 





One day, my $INDY-yields will just straight up buy all the $ADA for the daily swap. That'll be sweet!

But that day is not today, so: I withdraw $iUSD from the staked position and swap that to $ADA.




HUZZAH! 

Am I done with @Cardano then?

Let's see.

Let's examine $SNEK.




According to the SNEK/USD EMA20, $SNEK is a good sell now, BUT according to the SNEK/ADA EMA20, $SNEK is a bargain-buy with $ADA.

What does this mean? It means that, even though $SNEK is up, it's still a bargain.

With that analysis, I swap 10% of my $ADA for $SNEK, using $SNEK as a pivot to arb my $ADA. When $SNEK skies, relative to $ADA, I'll swap the $SNEK back to $ADA.



This is a long-play, folks. 

And please note, I'm arb'n $ADA, not because I'm in love with $ADA-qua-$ADA, but because it's the medium of exchange on @Cardano that I use to grow my $iETH- and $iBTC-staked positions on @Indigo_protocol. 



2024-02-14 Indigo portfolio


incept date: 2023-07-27





0.01228 $iBTC: $640.56
0.7103 $iETH: $1,996.20
2,242.29 $iUSD: $2,242.29
1121 $ADA: $652.33
182971 $SNEK $210.77

total fees $79.97
total yields $663.91
net yields $583.95
23.63% APY

invested: $4,465.58
value: $5,742.16

ROI: 28.59% / 51.65% APR

Let's look at $ETH, $BTC, and ETH/BTC.



Unless you've been hiding under a rock, you won't be surprised to hear both $ETH and $BTC have skied of late, making great SELL-opportunities for both.

HOWEVER, ETH/BTC EMA20 shows that they've skied proportionately, making any trade even.


But a sky of $ETH or $BTC (or, in this case, both) is a good indicator to check on my @NolusProtocol $ETH-lease, and at a $20-gain, this looks like a good repay-point for me.



I'm OFT! to do a HOWTO video on repaying a Nolus-lease to acquire the leased-asset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment