Thursday, November 10, 2022

Polygon: an experiment I won't repeat

Would you look at that!

I go liquidated on a stable-stable supply-borrow position on @0vixProtocol! 



The good news is that they liquidated $MAI supply and not my $ETH nor $BTC.

The bad news is I got liquidated on a safe-borrow position to the tune of ~$2000.

wut.

After the MAI-MAI liquidation on @0vixProtocol, I am withdrawing all assets from Polygon. Its transactions are slow and unreliable.

So, here's $257 to exit your liquidation of my stable position. We're done.





... and 10 minutes later a simple remove collateral transaction is still pending.


Polygon, your age is showing, sweetheart. 🙄

Did I say "10 minutes ago"? ... 

That was 10 minutes ago.


Polygon, the little blockchain that could...

n't. 🙄

Whilst I hold my breath, waiting for a very simple transaction to complete on Polygon, ...

... I'm turning blue in the face here, ...

...

Transaction cleared.

I just needed not to watch it, see? And it cleared, see, while I wasn't looking, see?

Blockchains: some run on SCIENCE!

Others: witchcrafte? voodoo?

So, I swap my $ETH and $BTC to $MATIC then transfer the $MATIC off Polygon to @Bybit_Official.


At the end of the day, my $2000 investment was reduced to ~$1600, and I had to pay a $257 liquidation fee to @0vixProtocol because stable borrow was liquidated from stable supply. 🙄

So, this was my Polygon experience:

  • slow, unreliable transactions
  • $660 loss getting my assets off-chain.


That's an experiment I'm not going to repeat.

And it took 40 minutes for that transfer of funds from Polygon to @Bybit_Official to finalize.


40 minutes. I timestamped the start of the transaction at 2:25 pm ET. It completed at 20:05 UTC.

Shameful performance for a blockchain.

No comments:

Post a Comment