Tuesday, August 29, 2023

2023-08-29 ETHBTC-THANG! Day 93

Let's do the ETHBTC-THANG!

BUT BEFORE WE DO THE ETHBTC-THANG!

Let's discuss the answer to this pop-quiz (or, more correctly, 'AN' answer to this pop-quiz).

First of all, note that the distance between EMA20 and ETHBTC-ratio can be measured. We'll call this measure, δ.


Looking at the above chart, one could suppose that the greater the δ is, the more impactful an ETH-BTC swap would be, contrapositively, the smaller the δ, the less impactful a swap would be.

So, we want to trade more with high δ and less with low δ.

This is my working thesis.

But what is 'high δ' or 'low δ'? I didn't know until I measured it today.

So it was a 'TIL'-kind-of-day for me today.

But, when I did chart it, something like a 'max δ' arises.

Let's plot that value over time.



Max δ is in red.

With δ and max δ, we now see where the ETHBTC-ratio varies, and, importantly, by how much from maximum variance.

So, I apply that ratio to how much $ETH or $BTC I swap

My formula: TVL (USD) / 20 * δ / max δ


Thus we have proportionate swapping for the ETHBTC-THANG! 

This seems like a reasonable approach to me. I'll monitor this approach over the next month or so and see how it fits into my ETHBTC-THANG! 

With that, let's do the ETHBTC-THANG! I prepare by recording $BTC and $ETH prices from @osmosiszone into my SPREADSHEETSZORXEN! 




2023-08-29 ETHBTC-THANG! Day 93


The ETHBTC-THANG! http://logicalgraphs.blogspot.com/p/ethbtc-experiment.html






  • swap 0.00288 $BTC

After swap:
ETH: 4.40507 BTC: 0.0730

Total: $9,581.39 TVL EMA-20: $9,435.07
n.b.: TVL EMA-20 indicates that ETHBTC, itself, is overvalued.

ROI: 5.18% APR: 20.33%

So, gotta say: WOW! "Buy the rumor; sell the news"? That's not how I operate, but today is the first day in a long-long time where the ETHBTC-portfolio is now 'overvalued.' So that's cool! 😎

I do the (now proportionate) BTC-ETH-swap on @osmosiszone.





And then I go to sleep. 😴

No comments:

Post a Comment