Saturday, July 10, 2021

Orchid (OXT) Buy-Recommendation Analysis

Is $OXT a good buy? 

... meh

I think I'll start a series of articles called: "Why I'm stupid (so you don't have to be)."

Let's look at $OXT. It's $0.01 below my portfolio average, so less than 3% of a bargain. That's noise, not urgent buy-pressure.

Now, let's look at the 1-week chart from gemini. After spending 'forever' in the doldrums, $OXT perked up, but it looks like a settle-pattern, not a surge-pattern. 

...so, I did buy $OXT (pre-this analysis, not post-), but the third mistake I made was to stake it at 2.47%. If $OXT is going to make money, why not make that money on the surge, then translate that coin to $MIR which has a liquidity pool at ~80% return? 

So. What will I do differently, going forward?

  1. look for significant price difference, vis-à-vis my portfolio.
  2. look for significant upward price trend in the chart.
  3. consider keeping the asset tradable (not staked) for a switch to a more advantageous stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment