Friday, July 22, 2022

Funding Mirror Short Farms in Terra Classic

Let's do our daily @mirror_protocol yield-farming and short-farm maintenance.



We see some farms are undercollateralized, AND we have no $aUST from @anchor_protocol available.

What do?

The first thing to do IS NOT TO PANIC!

Panicking is no bueno.

The saving grace is that there are DEX(en) on Terra Classic that still trade $USTC for $aUST. I turned first to @astroport_fi but the 39% slippage is untenable.


@loop_finance had (has?) an UST-aUST LP, so we can trade $USTC for $aUST there. YAY! 


But how much $aUST do I need to cover my positions?

That's easy enough to find out. Go to the undercollateralized positions on @mirror_protocol, restore to safe collateral and it will give you how much $aUST you need.



For my $mTSLA farm I need 92 $aUST.

Easy-peasy! 

In all I need 211 $aUST.

Where do I get this moolah? That's easy, too. I harvest my $MIR yields from the short-farms, convert that to $UST, then convert what I need to $aUST.


So: my @mirror_protocol short-farms fund the collateral for my short-farms.

FANCY THAT, HEDDA! 

Speaking of "swap to $USTC": @loop_finance has the better swap, and a small swap fee, than @astroport_fi, so I swap using @loop_finance.



@loop_finance: comin' through ('거미쀄') for Terra Classic. Wow! 

SKZ fans will get the Spiderweb-reference. πŸ˜ŽπŸ•Έ️

I then swap $USTC to $aUST ... it seems that @loop_fi only allows swaps up to 100 $USTC so we do that. No slippage, so I'm not complainin' ya hear!


Notice something.


I now have @anchor_protocol EARN deposit, earning 15%+.

And that's how we get around the blockade, folks. 😎

I'm not saving $USTC, as it's depegged. I'm using the $aUST to fund the short-farm collateral. Which I do. 


And now we're back in the safety-zone! YAY! 

AND we have $MIR yields, converted to $USTC to deposit into my experiments around the block-...um...-iverse ... is that a word?

No comments:

Post a Comment