Monday, May 8, 2023

HOWTO: Minting SILK for fun and profit

From the teacher of #DeFi101-lessons, @AirdropGlideapp, let's see how the $SILK-strategy plays out in practice.

$SILK-strategy.

First off, we need to grease the wheels. @Shade_Protocol runs on $SCRT, so I swap some $OSMO to $SCRT on @OsmosisFrontier and bridge that to @SecretNetwork. 



But why borrow $SILK with my own $(st)OSMO, when I can borrow this inflationary token myself, given @TeamKujira allowing borrowing against $axlUSDC now?

Why, indeed!

  • I borrow 220 $OSMO against 500 $axlUSDC from my Ghost Lend position




I bridge my borrowed $OSMO from @TeamKujira to @osmosiszone, 


...and think about the $stOSMO stake, but then @l_woetzel, on the @SecretNetwork, recommends I check out the swap @Shade_Protocol.

So I do just that.




It turns out the swap is best on @Shade_Protocol! 

So, I bridge the $OSMO to @SecretNetwork, swap to $stOSMO on @Shade_Protocol, then stake the $SILK onto the SILK-CMST LP, paying $SHD at 63% APY.





It took 3 iterations to stake most the $SILK, due to slippage, but, tada! 🎉 we're cookin', with gas, $SILK (in a stable LP) on @Shade_Protocol, earning 63% APY.


Let's see how long it takes to pay back the $OSMO borrow from the yields here. See you in a year or few. 😎


No comments:

Post a Comment