Saturday, November 19, 2022

Fantom Opera: How Geist ta meetcha!

Okay, before we do todæg's blockchain report, let's establish (MOAR) positions on Fantom Opera, because spooky and geist and boo and tomb and ... I think I'm falling in love with this cooky blockchain; heaven help me.

Okay, first thing: the $DAI pool on @UniDexFinance is bleeding money. I'm exiting that position now. 


I've recorded my losses here in my "Bad Debts." Yeup: I have a lot o' 'em.


But let's turn this ship around!

I take that $DAI and deposit it into the @GeistFinance money market...


... but did you know this? Staked g-tokens can be put into @CurveFinance? WHAAAAA???



I'mma make me some $USDC and $USDT deposits, too, to fit this curve.

So, I've supplied on @GeistFinance. Wat do? I turn right around and borrow against that supply. $MIM is my borrow of choice, as it should be everyone's at present.

Why? If it depegs, I've borrowed nothing. If it stays pegged, I'm earning leveraged yields off it anyway.

Okay, let's swap the $MIM back to $USDC, $USDT, and $DAI and resupply the @GeistFinance marketplace. 



Then I turn right around and reborrow $MIM, looping on these stables.


At the end of the loop, this is what my @GeistFinance money market looks like.


I tried staking the geist-tokens into @CurveFinance, but Curve rejected my add liquidity requests to the curve-geist pool, so we'll try that some other time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment