Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Beating the Bots on Kujira FIN

How to beat bots at their own game:

an ampLUNA/LUNA @TeamKujira FIN order book story.

So, bots place orders on FIN. Did you know that? And, when you 'over-buy' (buy above market price), the bots place an ask, to grab your buy.

Smart, right? You make money in your sleep.-

The problem with bots is that they're stupid, and follow market price, blindly.

What if market price on FIN is way below market price elsewhere.

That's where I swoop in. 😈

So, there was no activity on the ampLUNA/LUNA order book, so, what the bots do is to place 'trigger orders.'

A trigger order is a sell-order just above market price. When somebody buys, the bot swoops in an places a large order to suck in that fat-fingered order.

So they think.

The market price, a few moments ago, for ampLUNA/LUNA, on @TeamKujira FIN?


0.9919-per.

Whoops.

I say 'whoops' because @eris_protocol published exchange rate is ABOVE 1.14-per. 


So, what I've learned is that SOMEwhere along the line, one of these trigger-orders will activate a large sell.

How to activate this?

I buy at each rung of the sell order, and the third time, at 1.0534-per, the bot bites my bait.


I just bought 47 $ampLUNA at 1.05-per-LUNA.

So, what do I do? I now have $ampLUNA.

1) I could keep it.

What I do instead, is I bridge it over to Terra, 


...swap it to 54.1 $LUNA on @astroport_fi, 


...then bridge it right back.


ROI: 8.2%

I can't annualize that ROI, because I just made 8.2% in a cross-chain arbitrage, instantly.

Beating bots at their own game. That's the play here, and that play is so satisfying.

I started this article with 50 $LUNA; I ended it with 54.1 $LUNA, with no 22-day burn to wait out that gain. That gain is mine. Now.

Keep your eyes peeled for bot-activity on FIN, then: make money.

No comments:

Post a Comment