Monday, September 18, 2023

Levana: δneutral ETH position

Let's look at setting up a δneutral position on @Levana_protocol. I'm particularly interested in $ETH with it's 171% APR funding fees on shorts (negative means: not to the protocol, but to me).



Funding fees are HIGHLY volatile AND minuscule to price movement. Let's start smol.

The first-first thing I do is move 2 $ETH to @osmosiszone (where @Levana_protocol lives) via Satellite.



Moved? Good.

The second-first thing I do is fund my long-side by putting 1.5 $ETH into their stable pool at 19% (NOT into their locked pool at 30%+).

Voilà! Funded.

AND @Levana_protocol has a 'My HODL'ns'-page which shows all the funds you've contributed to support the 'house'-side of the perpetuals.



Look at me, earning $ETH like a good boy! 🐶

Why don't I lock my $ETH for 45 days? Because I need it liquid in case my perpetual goes South.

I record all the data on my 3x $ETH short on @Levana_protocol, just in case a yummy take-profit opportunity arises or in case liquidation becomes proximate.



I'd love these values be apparent on @Levana_protocol, but they are hidden past the scroll bar, which I find distasteful.

I also begin reporting my @Levana_protocol portfolio, which (slightly) expands my @cosmos-presence outside of @TeamKujira. 


p.s.: @Levana_protocol's take on establishing a δneutral position (in their case-study: with $ATOM), which they call "cash and carry," which goes into depth of funding rate strategies and provides caveats.  


No comments:

Post a Comment