Thursday, February 16, 2023

Daily Fantom Blockchain position report, 2023-02-16

Let's go to @FantomFDN, fam.

There are some interesting things going on on this blockchain, folks, starting with @GeistFinance 

Geist




Do you see those borrow rates? Do you see those incentives?

Now, it gets a bit more interesting when we look at $MIM.

The 'problem' of $MIM hasn't really manifested itself as a problem, yet.


But I currently have 13,100 $MIM borrowed, WHICH EQUATES TO $13,050.

Is that a depeg?


Not really. That's only 0.2% off.

But the incentives for borrowing $MIM are high, AND the borrow rate is low.

NOICE!

In fact, not only $MIM is incentivized higher than the borrow rate, but also $CRV and $LINK are, as well.

What does that mean?

That means @GeistFinance is PAYING ME in $GEIST to borrow.

Am I borrowing?

Yes. Yes, I am. 

But okay: $GEIST yields. Why do I care? Why should you?

About the $GEIST yields?

I don't.

I care about what the $GEIST yields, themselves, yield.

And those are the supply tokens on the @GeistFinance money market, folks:

$ETH, $FTM, $USDC, $MIM, $CRV, $LINK, $DAI, and $GEIST


Have I got your attention?

I've certainly got mine!

So, as you see, as soon as my $GEIST tokens vest (which takes 3 months), ...


I lock them to start earning fee-tokens at a rate 6x-8x faster than my vest-earn is.


$MIM yields $GEIST yields some very interesting opportunities.

Granary

Next, let's go to @GranaryFinance, and Holy Buckwheat Cakes, Batman! did $OATH, one of the yield tokens, just triple in price???


Yes. Yes, it did.

This allows me to invest $OATH into one of the cute LPs on @beethoven_x, after I collect the yields on @GranaryFinance. 


Okay, so I go over to @beethoven_x.

Beethoven


The first thing to notice: the Spotie Oatie-LP is not 50/50 $OATH and $wETH, but heavily leaning to $OATH.


I swap, proportionately, then invest into that LP, and, voilà! I now have a Spotie Oatie-LP position on @beethoven_x 




But, before I do that, I still have the $SD-yields to disburse. I invest them into the triple-LP on @beethoven_x, first swapping to get the desired balance of coins needed.



But, before I do that, I still have the $SD-yields to disburse. I invest them into the triple-LP on @beethoven_x, first swapping to get the desired balance of coins needed.





My original investment into this pool was, and is, $150.

It's grown to $300. 🎉

I unstake and withdraw the LP as $sFTMX, destined for @GranaryFinance.



BUT!

The unstake releases some $SD-yields.

Wheeeeee!

Once again, I redistribute (swap) and reinvest my $SD-yields into the triple-LP.




Pretty soon I'm going to run out of ball jars and places to bury all this money in my back-...yaärhd! Ya know what I'mma sayin'? 😎 

My LP farms settle thusly on @beethoven_x: 


Granary, part deux

Let's return to @GranaryFinance.

  • I deposit the $sFTMX I received the the "Locked, staked, and two smoking Fantoms"-LP on @beethoven_x.


  • I borrow 7600 $FTM from that


  • I set aside 1900 $FTM (one quarter) for the LP-hedge.


  • I swap the remainder, 5700 $FTM to $sFTMX and deposit.


Dear @GranaryFinance,

I get the following error when I try to borrow 8,000 $FTM, fully covered by my collateral $sFTMX:



[ethjs-query] while formatting outputs from RPC '{"value":{"code":-32603,"data":{"code":-32000,"message":"transaction underpriced"}}}'

What gives? 

At the end of this first loop, my @GranaryFinance settles to these positions.


I'll now keep looping until health stabilizes to 1.1.

After 5

... GLORIOUS ...

loops, ...


my positions settle at 1.09 health on @GranaryFinance.


Now, it's time to take the $FTM I reserved from these loops to provie an LP-hedge on @beethoven_x. 

Beethoven, part deux

As you can see, this LP is unbalanced, leaning on the $sFTMX-side. 


So I swap to $sFTMX, 


then swap to $wFTM (because the LP only takes wrapped $FTM), 


then provide the liquidity. 


I like that @beethoven_x reminds you to stake your LP tokens.


That's nice of them. 

So, now, my positions settle to this.




My @GranaryFinance accounting says I've invested $9k, but have only $7.4k-net on the protocol. Why? Because I funneled out that much for hedge on @beethoven_x. 

Onto @UniDexFinance on @FantomFDN, which continues to post very strong returns.

The $FTM-pool has yields, so I collect them, 



...reinvest half back into the pool. 


The other half I swap to $ETH, which will (eventually) land on @optimismFND to buy $UNIDX there.


The @UniDexFinance $USDC-pool gets the same treatment. 




At the end of the day, my @UniDexFinance pools are up 85% overall, 


and I have 0.04 $ETH in my @FantomFDN. 


Before I bridge it, it needs to be closer to 1 $ETH, to minimize bridge-fee-impact.

Let's run the @FantomFDN daily report.

Daily Fantom Blockchain position report, 2023-02-16



invested: $26,986.36
valuation: $31,675.76
ROI: 17.38%

Not bad at all for a 'cute, little blockchain' I'd throw some liquidity at and see what happens.

This is what happens, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment