Friday, February 24, 2023

Why the user-experience matters: a case-study

Equalizer Protocol on Fantom Opera blockchain. A case-study.

Dear @EqualizerFlash,

Why is my position 0 LP when you very clearly stated my LP was staked?



Please fix so it shows the correct staked LP balance.

Thank you.
love, geophf

"Oh, you have 0 balance for rewards" is what the rewards-page is saying to me.

I have opinions.

My opinions are that how the [redacted] do I tell how much stake I have that's applied awards on the rewards page?

I don't. Unless I unstake.

Going to another page? When the rewards page says 0 balance?

STUPID UX design. STUPID!

In UX design you show the positive experience, and, importantly, you DO NOT SHOW A NON-NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE.

This is UX 101, for goodness sake.


It says: "My Position." It should say: "My Stake"

It shows 0 unstaked.
It SHOULD show what IS staked
And MAKE EMERGENT what ISN'T.

ffs

"Oh, but we do show that information on another page. Read our whitepaper."

User-engagement diffuses exponentially to the number of clicks required of them. UX design 101.

You want your user to click ZERO times to get the relevant information.

And if they must read a whitepaper to understand your product, ... I really don't know what to say to that. SURE read the whitepaper to understand the contracts, read the audits. Sure.

But to deposit and earn, I NEED to read your whitepaper?

You've killed your own growth.

I am a business owner. I sell product that makes people's lives better. If somebody asked me: "How much of my money is earning rewards?" And I told them: "You have $0 not earning rewards"?

They should fire me. And I should thank them for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment