Sunday, February 5, 2023

Fair Warning, or: How to get the blocc'd

Let me be REALLY CLEAR about something right now.

I offer what I do.
I don't offer what I don't do.

You come onto my timeline, and second guess me? critique my offerings? Ask my why-questions without at least trying my approach and seeing if it works for you?

You're blocked.

"Haha what? I’m playing devils advocate to understand your approach more." was the response I got, instead of an apology.

Blocked.

I don't have time for you to play games with my work. I share my work. It's useful to you: great. You can thank me. It's not useful? Go. Elsewhere.

Oh, when I say: "You have one chance, right now, not to get blocked." This is not the time for you to make light of what you said or to belittle what I said. This is your one chance to apologize.

If you find yourself in this conversation with me: you have been warned. #PSA 

Does this mean I can't be told I'm wrong?

No.

But THIS is how you do it: "geophf: you're losing 7.3% that way compared to the way I AM DOING IT" and SHOW me your results.

You prove me wrong by bettering what I've done.

THEN you have my full attention and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment