Wednesday, June 7, 2023

HOWTO short assets using Kujira Ghost borrow

HOW I profited from shorting tokens using @TeamKujira Ghost borrow, ...

(and how you can, too).

An epigram by the el geophf.

This is a really simple, straightforward short that doesn't use leverage.

Some time ago I borrowed $stOSMO. I anticipated its price would fall, but, this time, instead of losing money, I was going to make money, by short-selling that borrowed $stOSMO.

So, I sold it at 62.1¢-per


You see in my SPREADSHEETSZORXEN! (PT) that I also computed the price for $stOSMO to fall to to make 10% profit: 56.4¢

Guess what?


$stOSMO swap-value is 56.2¢ on @osmosiszone now.

Now, I could just buy the $stOSMO I need to clear the borrow on Ghost, but I also did a bit of digging on FIN and discovered that someone was buying 10 $stOSMO at 59.1¢-$USK-per!





So, I computed how much $axlUSDC I would need to close the borrow AND sell that overpriced $stOSMO.


So, I withdraw the $axlUSDC from Ghost, bridge that to @osmosiszone via the Satellite Bridge, swap to $stOSMO on @osmosiszone, then I bridge that $stOSMO to @stride_zone. 





I can bridge the $stOSMO back from @stride_zone, which I do, then I close the borrow position on Ghost (getting my 80 $axlUSDC collateral back), and sell the remaining $stOSMO on FIN at a profit.





So, how much did I make?

  • 2023-05-29 entry: SOLD 38 $stOSMO at $0.621-per
  • 2023-06-07 exit: BUY 38 $stOSMO at $0.562-per

ROI: 10.5%, annualized to 383% APR

AND I instantly arb'd 10 $stOSMO on @osmosiszone at 56.2¢-per to 58.6¢-per on FIN

ROI: 4.34%, instantly.

SWEET! 🎉🎉


No comments:

Post a Comment