Friday, June 9, 2023

Self-liquidation: works or nah?

I'm not sure this self-liquidation-arb is working, as a concept.

See, if liquidation bids are lower than the $USK-price-δ, then an arbitrage exists for the self-liquidation of the asset, right?

Bids are at 5%; $USK-price-δ is ~6.5% so I SHOULD make 1.5% in arbitrage.



I'm not so sure.

Let's walk through this.

  1. @osmosiszone is selling $ATOM at a lower price than the FIN boards, so I bridge $axlUSDC there and swap for $ATOM, bridging the $ATOM back. 





  1. Then, I provide the $ATOM to @TeamKujira BLUE, and self-liquidate.


Okay, so after self-liquidation, I'm given:



  • 341.106 $USK: ~ 368 $axlUSDC

and I have



  • 14.7 $ATOM: ~ 136.6 $axlUSDC

left over.

You see the problem, right?

I started with 500 $axlUSDC worth of $ATOM, which I self-liquidated.

But, with current prices, the results total

*504 $axlUSDC

A gain. That's good! But less than 1%, and self-liquidations are more work – albeit SEXIER! 😎 – than simple arbitration.

Conclusion

So: I'm grateful. I did make money on this self-liquidation, but ...

Self-liquidations require speed, there are a lot of moving parts, and the gains aren't that enticing.

I won't do self-liquidations anymore UNLESS there's a huge $USK-price-δ.

I can't recommend this approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment