Sunday, January 29, 2023

Initial position on Optimism blockchain

Quite the learning experience. Turns out that it's impracticable to bridge $10 of $ETH.

PTSD of Ethereum. 🤢🤮

So I had to swap both my $FTM-yields and my $USDC-yields from @UniDexFinance to fund the $ETH-bridge.



Optimism offers three bridges. I picked @CelerNetwork  bridge.



The neat thing about using the @CelerNetwork bridge, and they tell you this, is they 'reward' you back some of the bridge-fee as $OP. 



In my case, the reward wouldn't pay for peanuts (have you SEEN the price of peanuts these days?!), but, hey! It's my first $OP, so: YAY! 🎉 🔴

These are the tokens on @optimismFND now:


{ $ETH, $USDC (from @UniDexFinance $UNIDX-yields), and $OP }

I wanted to transfer my $UNIDX- and $OATH-yields over to @optimismFND from @FantomFDN, but @CelerNetwork bridge doesn't recognize these tokens. 😢

And, to finish off my first day in @optimismFND, I purchase some @UniDexFinance $UNIDX from $ETH.


I don't know anything about this blockchain, so I'll learn as I go. 

I lay out my positions in my SPREADSHEETSZORXEN!

Valuation, Optimism portfolio: 2023-01-28





No comments:

Post a Comment